MBA Accreditation is at the heart of AMBA’s commitment to maintaining standards and fostering innovation in global postgraduate management education.
• We accredit MBA, DBA and Master’s Degree programmes from the top 2% of business schools in over five continents;
• The MBA accreditation philosophy is centred on impact, employability and learning outcomes;
• Our rigorous MBA accreditation criteria ensures that only programmes demonstrating the highest standards in teaching, learning and curriculum design, career development and employability, student, alumni and employer interaction achieve AMBA accreditation;
• Our MBA accreditation is international in scope and reach. We work with senior academics at top global educational institutions to update our accreditation policies continuously and maintain our unique, in-depth and detailed approach;
• We believe accredited programmes should reflect changing trends and innovation in the postgraduate education sector. Our process reflects a commitment to fostering innovation and challenges and encourages business schools to perform at the highest level.
AMBA has taken the strategic decision to limit the number of accredited schools to 300 institutions. If you are interested in pursuing AMBA accreditation and joining the waiting list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schools that wish to be part of the AMBA & BGA network can do so by applying for BGA (Business Graduates Association) membership. This offers consultancy services, student career support, thought leadership, and access to all of AMBA & BGA’s events at reduced rates. Members can also pursue BGA validation and accreditation, which are impact-focused quality assurance processes. To learn more, click here.
MBA accreditation denotes the highest standard of achievement in postgraduate business education.
MBA students and graduates, business schools, and employers all recognise MBA accreditation as a gold standard.
The decision to embark on an MBA represents a major commitment for students. In a crowded education market, MBA accreditation ensures students’ investments are rewarded with the finest business education available, and will certainly have a demonstrable impact on career paths.
Employers looking to attract game-changing managers and future business leaders know that graduates from AMBA-accredited programmes have received the most relevant management education. To recruit a graduate from AMBA-accredited programmes is to recruit top talent.
MBA accreditation attracts worldwide recognition and kudos. It identifies the best programmes from the thousands available, while the developmental nature of our process helps business schools spot potential shortcomings. We provide a comprehensive report detailing recommendations for potential future improvements.
Student and graduate AMBA Membership enables alumni to network internationally, knowing that they are connecting with individuals from equally impressive programmes. Our member services include career advice and support, a job portal, events, access to the latest research and thought leadership and selected offers and benefits. We can open doors and facilitate opportunities.
We believe that MBA, DBA and Master’s Degree programmes must maintain the highest quality and remain current amid ever-changing industry trends and innovations. Therefore, unlike other accreditation bodies, like AACSB and EQUIS, we accredit the programmes directly.
We work with business schools to accredit MBA, DBA and Master’s Degree programmes globally. A variety of stakeholders provide input, including business school staff, MBA students and graduates, and employers. We review accredited programmes every five years to ensure they continue improving.
MBA ACCREDITATION PROCESS
You can download the full criteria and information about the process for each type of programme below.
UNDERSTANDING THE ACCREDITATION CRITERIA
You can view the changes to the 2016 AMBA Accreditation criteria in this document:
Arrange to have your MBA portfolio and your Business School accredited at the same time by AMBA & BGA.