Finance & Commercial Director (F&C Director)
To work with the Finance & Commercial Director & Senior Finance Executive, assisting in the management of the day to day book keeping and accounting activities of the finance department and to be part of a Finance team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate accounting function.
|Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:|
- To maintain the operation of the Sales Ledger which includes;
- Receiving processing Sales invoices (c20-30 max per month). Assisting with the annual membership fees billing.
- Posting customer receipts & ensuring Ledgers are up to date and accurate.
- Maintaining robust Credit Control of nominated customer accounts to ensure speedy collection
- To assist in maintaining the processes of the Purchase Ledger function which include;
- Receiving and processing incoming invoices & purchase orders, and other requests for payment; obtain authorisation and ensure correct nominal codes are applied
- Assisting in the Preparation of payment lists; paying all suppliers in accordance with agreed terms and conditions with remittance advices.
- Managing company credit cards – sending statements to card holders and ensuring all credit card expenses are received, authorised and processed.
- Checking and agreeing supplier statements with evidence
- Liaising with suppliers & resolving queries
- To monitor the Association’s bank accounts which entails;
- Posting direct payments and receipts to the Sales and Purchase Ledgers
- Analysing credit card receipts and prepare journals for posting
- Assisting the Senior Finance Executive with the month end close to agreed deadlines.
- Liaising with Auditors at year end, helping to resolve queries on Sales, Purchase ledgers and Bank accounts
- Any other ad hoc responsibility that is appropriate to the role and which may come up due to business requirements.
|Qualifications, Skills and Experience: |
- Knowledge and experience
- Experience of using recognised accounting software, ideally Sage Line 50, proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word in particular)
- Minimum of 12 months practical accounts experience
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining quality standards.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities
- Personal attributes
- Good attention to detail
- Results oriented, strives for excellence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of individuals at all levels within an organisation.
- Self-motivated with personal drive and a positive attitude.
- Collaborative and builds good working relationships
| || |
Top floor, 3 Dorset Rise, with a degree of hybrid working
|Hours of Work:|
35 Hours Per Week
|Date Prepared:||September 2023|
Please note, all applicants must be able to demonstrate their legal right to work in the UK, as we do not hold a sponsorship license.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this job description does not form part of your employment contract. AMBA & BGA can modify your job duties or amend this job description at any time.