Discover which Business Schools, students, graduates and leaders have made the shortlist in 10 categories of the AMBA & BGA Excellence Awards 2022.
The entries are in and it’s time to reveal the finalists for the AMBA & BGA Excellence Awards 2022.
With a total of 10 categories, the awards celebrate excellence among Business Schools, students, graduates, suppliers, and employers that share AMBA & BGA’s values of ambition, impact and integrity.
Those categories and nominees are detailed below.
The winners of the AMBA & BGA Excellence Awards 2022 will be announced virtually on the 21 January 2022.
Awards for Business Schools
Best Culture, Diversity and Inclusion Initiative 2022, in association with McGraw Hill Education
The Best Culture, Diversity and Inclusion Initiative award recognises Business Schools and the work they have been doing to create, incorporate and develop culture, diversity and inclusion practices into their Business School, while balancing and involving fair working environments.
- Centrum PUCP Business School, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Peru) for ‘Word of Women Academy (Academia Palabra de Mujer)’
- Escuela de Negocios, Universidad del CEMA (UCEMA) (Argentina) for ‘Advancing gender equity by promoting women in leadership’
- Mannheim Business School, University of Mannheim (Germany) for ‘MBS Diversity Day’
- School of Business and Management, Shanghai International Studies University (SISU) (China) for ‘Embedding Management Talent Cultivation in Multiculturalism’
- UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, University College Dublin (Ireland) for ‘Intercultural Development Programme (ICD)’
Best Business School Partnership 2022 in association with Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS)
The Best Business School Partnership award recognises organisations that have adopted a proactive, innovative approach to strategic collaboration. Partnerships can, for example, be with another Business School/group of Schools, an employer, a consultant, education partner or technology provider, a social impact group, an individual, a charity, or another organisation.
- Católica Lisbon School of Business and Economics, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Portugal) with Veolia
- Dongwu Business School, Soochow University (China) with Soochow Securities
- Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS), University of Pretoria (South Africa) with JP Morgan
- International Management Institute (MIM-Kyiv) (Ukraine) with BookChef Publishing House
- Thammasat Business School, Thammasat University (Thailand) with Government Savings Bank
- UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, University College Dublin (Ireland) with Their Lives Matter – Tumaini La Maisha (TLM)
Best CSR and Sustainability Initiative 2022
The Best CSR and Sustainability Initiative award honours Business Schools that are taking the initiative in creating a sustainable future and teaching students about social values, as well as making a positive impact in practical and measurable ways.
It gives Schools a chance to showcase their innovative and original CSR and sustainability initiatives on a global stage.
- Esade Business School, Ramon Llull University (Spain) for ‘Sustainable Impact: Our Chance to Change the World Together’
- ESMT Berlin (Germany) for ‘Net Impact Club’s Carbon Accounting Initiative’
- Graduate School of Business, MIP Politecnico di Milano (Italy) for ‘Leave your Mark: An Important Opportunity for Students and Alumni to Grow’
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (India) for ‘Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG)’
- International Business School Suzhou, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) (China) for ‘15 Ways in 15 Weeks’
- Newcastle University Business School, Newcastle University (UK) for ‘Developing Responsible Leaders for the Future through the Design and Delivery of a New Executive MBA Programme’
- Porto Business School, Universidade do Porto (Portugal) for ‘Porto Business School Urban Garden’
Best Lifelong Learning Initiative 2022 in association with Kortext
The Best Lifelong Learning Initiative award recognises the efforts of Business Schools that are reinventing teaching and learning among students, graduates, alumni networks and custom and executive education.
- Antai College of Economics and Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China) for ‘The Industry Community Classes Program (ICCP)’
- College of Economics and Management, Zhejiang University of Technology (China) for ‘GET – Gather Alumni, Enlighten Alumni, Turbo Alumni’
- EGADE Business School, Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico) for ‘Alternative Learning’
- IE Business School (Spain) for ‘Turn It Around – Alumni Engagement’
- Imperial College Business School, Imperial College London (UK) for ‘MBA Student Enhancement Package’
- School of Management, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) (China) for ‘Lifelong Learning Ecosystem Development Initiative’
Best Innovation Strategy 2022 in association with Barco
The Best Innovation Strategy award is a celebration of innovation and radical thinking in business education delivery across all areas of the Business School and has been developed to recognise and reward game-changing new practices, risks, and creativity. This year, the judges are especially interested to find out how Business Schools have innovated and adapted considering the Covid-19 pandemic.
- MBA Centre, Shanghai University (China) for ‘Launch of New Global Industry MBA Specialisations’
- NEOMA Business School (France) for ‘NEOMA Business School Virtual Campus’
- School of Economics and Management, South China Normal University (SCNU) (China) for ‘Optimal Integrated Innovation Strategy’;
- School of Economics and Management, Southwest Jiaotong University (China) for ‘The “Quaternity” Tactic’
- UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, University College Dublin (Ireland) for ‘UCD Business Alumni Challenge – Around the Globe in 30 Days’
- Wrexham Glyndŵr University (UK) for ‘Active Learning Framework: Reflections’
BGA Business School Impact Award 2022
This award is designed to offer a platform through which BGA member, validated, and accredited Schools can demonstrate their stakeholder impact – encompassing students and graduates as well as the wider communities in which they operate. Such impact can be demonstrated through programme design, social outreach programmes, alumni relations, careers services and so on.
The nominees for the BGA Business School Impact Award 2022 are as follows:
- Antwerp Management School, University of Antwerp (Belgium), for ‘The Positive Impact Project (PIP)’
- Athena School of Management (India) for ‘Creating Impact for Stakeholders’
- Centrum PUCP Business School, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Peru) for ‘Undertaking Tourism Now (Turismo Emprende Ya)’
- EGADE Business School, Tecnológico de Monterrey, (Mexico) for ‘Sustainable Wealth Creation Based On Innovation and Technology (SWIT)’
- International Management Institute (MIM-Kyiv) (Ukraine) for ‘Building Business Education in Tajikistan’
- School of Economics and Management, Dongguan University of Technology (China) for ‘100 Groups in 1,000 Counties’
In selecting a winner, the judges will consider the innovative qualities of the above nominees, quantitative and qualitative measurements of impact, and the extent to which the initiatives enhance the reputation of the Schools’ portfolio of programmes and the institution as a whole.
Awards for students and alumni
MBA Startup of the Year 2022
The MBA Startup of the year Award encourages and promotes the value of startup business strategy and innovation, in the current competitive climate and showcases its importance in the global market.
The MBA Startup of the Year award is open to both private and public sectors. This award is designed to celebrate innovative business strategy – taking something from idea to action. Judges will be more interested in the idea and potential of the venture, and its plans, rather than any financial or monetary results in the early stage.
- Nicholas Cory, Southampton Business School, University of Southampton (UK) for Absolar Solutions
- Marcos Impala, Escuela de Negocios, Universidad del CEMA (UCEMA) (Argentina), for Tirr
- Sofía Jiménez de Aréchaga, Escuela de Postgrados en Negocios – Universidad ORT Uruguay, for Mezcla
- Sotirios Ptochos, Athens University of Economics and Business (Greece) for PEOPLE Technology Solutions (PEOPLE)
MBA Entrepreneur of the Year 2022
The MBA Entrepreneur of the Year award celebrates the achievements of successful alumni in innovative world-class business strategy, but also showcases Business Schools that are nurturing a spirit of enterprise and ambition.
This award is a fantastic way to highlight the success of accredited Business Schools that promote entrepreneurship in their MBA cohorts. The award is also a chance for individuals to impress high-profile judges who are already at the forefront of global entrepreneurship.
The MBA Entrepreneur of the Year Award is one of the most distinguished awards in the industry. AMBA has developed the MBA Entrepreneur of the Year Award to encourage and promote the value of entrepreneurship in the current competitive climate and to highlight its importance in the global market.
- Ximena Aleman, Escuela de Postgrados en Negocios, Universidad ORT Uruguay for Prometeo OpenBanking
- Giacomo Bedetti, Graduate School of Business, MIP Politecnico di Milano (Italy) for Orapesce
- Diego Martin Bertezzolo, Escuela de Negocios, Universidad de San Andrés (Argentina) for Avancargo
- Moustafa El-Shenety, AUC School of Business, The American University in Cairo (Egypt) for Zilla Capital
- Onaseye Onabolu, Aston Business School, Aston University (UK) for Sona Circle Refugee Recruitment
- Farwah Tapal, Esade Business School, Ramon Llull University (Spain) for Oraan
MBA Leadership Award 2022
The MBA Leadership Award will honour alumni from AMBA-accredited Business Schools who have been making an impact in the business world following their graduation.
The award will recognise the great work of these graduates through their achievements, performance, and recognition. This important award will give graduates the chance to stand out and showcase their work following graduation.
- Zakhira Begaliyeva, Graduate School of Business, Almaty Management University (AlmaU) (Kazakhstan), currently working at Public Foundation ‘ITeachMe’ Center for Competence Development
- Theresa Grant, Manchester Metropolitan University Business School, Manchester Metropolitan University (UK), currently working at Municipal Partners
- Yvonne Greeves, Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow (UK), currently working at NatWest Group
- Ming Li, Business School, Central South University (China), currently working at Hunan Overseas Home Information Technology and Hunan Hi-soon Supply Chain
- Pedro Luis Guerrero Riera, Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración (IESA)(Venezuela), currently working at Grupo Fastmed
- Mansi Madan Tripathy, SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) (India), currently working at Royal Dutch Shell
- Andrea Perrot, Escuela de Negocios, Universidad del CEMA (UCEMA) (Argentina), currently working at CEMIC University Hospital
MBA Student of the Year 2022 in association with insendi, a Study Group company
AMBA’s MBA Student of the Year Award plays a pivotal role in supporting AMBA’s pledge to promote the MBA as the leading international business qualification.
The MBA Student of the Year Award recognises students who have shown exceptional career potential and who AMBA believes can act as ambassadors for the high quality of accredited MBAs and the opportunities these programmes provide for students from a wide range of different personal and professional backgrounds.
This award doesn’t just reward ‘straight-A’ students but also focuses on leadership potential and career progression.
- Joy Chikaodiri Elekwuwa, Esade Business School, Ramon Llull University(Spain)
- Monique Farquharson, Aston Business School, Aston University(UK)
- Patsy McNeil, UCL School of Management, University College London(UK)
- Ariel Olivari, Escuela de Negocios, Universidad del CEMA (UCEMA)(Argentina)
- Jember Teklu TesfayAudencia Business School (France)
- Yunfei Yang, School of Management, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST)(China)
Announcing the winners…
The winners of the AMBA & BGA Excellence Awards 2022 will be announced at a virtual ceremony on the 21 January 2022.
You can join us from wherever you are in the world and celebrate all the shortlisted finalists and winners seamlessly as they are announced.
To register your virtual attendance for the livestreamed event, please click the button below.