The School of Business and Management of Shanghai International Studies University has officially received accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA), one of the world’s leading authorities on post-graduate business education, demonstrating its continuing commitment to excellence in management education.
Upon receiving AMBA accreditation, all current MBA students and MBA alumni of the School of Business and Management, Shanghai International Studies University are invited to join AMBA’s global member community of more than 50,000 students and alumni in more than 150 countries on a free basis, for networking, thought leadership, career development, and a variety of benefits.
The School of Business and Management, Shanghai International Studies University offers undergraduate programmes, a masters programme, four MBA programmes and a PhD programme. AMBA accredits the full-time MBA, two part-time MBAs, one taught in English and one taught bilingually, and an International MBA at the School.
Members of AMBA’s accreditation panel, representing senior management at AMBA-accredited Business Schools globally, commended the enthusiasm of the Dean and the commitment and diversity of the leadership team at the School.
The panel also commented on the School’s recent advances in international faculty recruitment, research activity, and research output.
The panel noted that the Business School had an ambitious development trajectory, which had strong support from the University.
Accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA) represents the highest standard of achievement in post-graduate business education. Its rigorous assessment criteria ensure that only the highest-calibre programmes which demonstrate the best standards in teaching, curriculum, and student interaction achieve Association of MBAs accreditation.
Yu Pan, Dean of School of Business and Management, SISU, said, ‘AMBA is an authoritative international accreditation system on postgraduate management education. Only top international programmes can be accredited by AMBA, which gives us great honour and confidence to develop further.
‘We are now committed to building a world top-notch research Business School, for which we will double our efforts to focus on its strategic priorities, pursue its vision and realize its mission.’
AMBA accreditation is international in scope and reach, and AMBA works under the belief that accredited programmes should be of the highest standard and reflect changing trends and innovation in post-graduate management education. Its accreditation process reflects this commitment to fostering innovation, and demanding Business Schools to perform at the highest level continually.
Andrew Main Wilson, Chief Executive of the Association of MBAs and Business Graduates Association (BGA), said, ‘The School of Business and Management, Shanghai International Studies University is an excellent School and I am delighted to welcome them to our network of world leading Business Schools.
‘AMBA strives to enhance the quality of global management education through MBA programmes which are of the highest quality and remain current amid ever-changing trends and innovation across industry sectors. I look forward to working with this School in order to enhance these goals.’
For more information or interviews, please contact:
- David Woods-Hale, Director of Marketing and Communications, AMBA & BGA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellen Buchan, Communications and Insight Assistant, AMBA & BGA – email@example.com
- Junling Xu, Supervisor of International Program Development & International Accreditation, School of Business and Management, SISU – firstname.lastname@example.org
About the School of Business and Management, Shanghai International Studies University
Since it began to offer management education in 1985, SISU School of Business and Management (SBM) is committed to embracing academic frontiers and cultivating elitist and global-minded management professionals. Following the development strategy of ‘mobilizing first-class faculty and first-class research to drive first-class education and build first-class discipline’, SBM is committed to becoming a domestically first-class and internationally renowned research-based business school.
- SBM has established a multi-level education system that offers postdoctoral, doctoral, masters and bachelor’s degree programs. The School’s discipline of Business Administration has been elected as a national key discipline and a regional first-class discipline.
- SBM sees the interdisciplinary integration in such emerging fields as artificial intelligence, brain science, data science and computational science to support strategies of national development and focuses on the cross application of new technologies and methods in business education.
- SBM has built a faculty headed by outstanding scholars from top universities, such as Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania, the Georgia Institute of Technology, and the University of Cambridge.
- SBM is accelerating the construction of laboratories and research institutes in order to establish a new model based on technology-driven management, to facilitate innovative exploration into the frontiers and critical issues concerning national economy, social development and national security. So far, the school has built two laboratories (the Key Laboratory of Applied Brain and Cognitive Sciences, and the AI and Data Science Application Center) and 14 research institutes, providing a broad research platform for the faculty and students to pursue their diversified academic interests.
- SBM attaches great importance to cooperation with leading international Business Schools on faculty and student exchange, joint discipline construction, joint research, and joint program development. By now, the School has established long-term cooperative relationships with more than 20 renowned universities and Business Schools in 12 countries.