The Faculty of Business Administration of the University of Macau has officially received re-accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA), one of the world’s leading authorities on post-graduate business education, demonstrating its continuing commitment to excellence in management education.
Upon receiving AMBA accreditation, all current MBA students and recent MBA alumni of The Faculty of Business Administration of the University of Macau are invited to join AMBA’s global member community of more than 60,000 students and alumni in more than 150 countries on a free basis, for networking, thought leadership, career development, and a variety of benefits.
Accreditation from the Association of MBAs represents the highest standard of achievement in post-graduate business education. Its rigorous assessment criteria ensure that only the highest-calibre programmes which demonstrate the best standards in teaching, curriculum, and student interaction achieve Association of MBAs accreditation.
The University of Macau is the only public comprehensive university in China’s Macau Special Administrative Region (SAR) among the 10 higher education institutions in Macau (four of which are public). AMBA accredits the full-time MBA and the full-time EMBA at the school.
The panel commended the unique environment provided by a combination of elements: the solid academic and civic foundations of the University; the school’s opportunities as a bridge to Mainland China and the Greater Bay Area; and the world-class Hengqin Island campus location.
The panel also mentioned the collegiate and cooperative spirit at the institution and the well-coordinated team under the Dean. This was aided by the strong support of the University leadership.
The dean of the business school said, “With our AMBA re-accreditation, FBA continues to be a triple accredited business faculty. This confirms FBA’s dedication in pursuing continuous improvement to provide excellent business education, nurture talents and contribute to the economic development of Macao.
AMBA accreditation is international in scope and reach, and AMBA works under the belief that accredited programmes should be of the highest standard and reflect changing trends and innovation in post-graduate management education. Its accreditation process reflects this commitment to fostering innovation, and demanding business schools to perform at the highest level continually.
Andrew Main Wilson, Chief Executive of AMBA & BGA, said: ‘I would like to congratulate everyone who worked towards this accreditation at the Faculty of Business Administration of the University of Macau. The AMBA re-accreditation shows the quality of the MBA programmes at the school. I look forward to continuing working with this school in the future.’
For more information or interviews, please contact:
- Ellen Buchan, Insight, Content and PR Manager, AMBA & BGA – email@example.com
- Roberto Antonio Noronha, Director of International Accreditations, Faculty of Business Administration, University of Macau – firstname.lastname@example.org
About Faculty of Business Administration of the University of Macau
As one of founding Faculties at the University of Macau (UM), the Faculty of Business Administration (FBA) is a well-established business faculty. Compared with other business schools in Macao, FBA is the oldest and the only one accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS (triple crown accreditation).
Currently, FBA offers a balanced and comprehensive programme portfolio at all levels of higher education comprising of five undergraduate programmes, five master’s programmes and two doctoral programmes. Our programmes are offered at all levels of higher education, covering both traditional and emerging areas in business, ranging from accounting, business intelligence and analytics, business economics, finance, global business management, human resource management, marketing and international integrated resort management.
Our international faculty members come from 12 countries and regions, making the Faculty a diverse and multicultural environment. There are about 3,000 students currently studying at FBA in our beautiful campus equipped with world-class facilities.
Find a list of all AMBA accredited Schools here.
About AMBA & BGA
Spearheading excellence and trailblazing innovation, for more than 50 years the Association of MBAs (AMBA) has been the impartial authority on post-graduate management education. AMBA established that vision in 1967 and, in a volatile, uncertain world, it’s as relevant today as it was then. We are committed to raising the profile and quality standards of business education internationally, for the benefit of business schools, students and alumni, employers, communities and society.
- Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and master’s degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of business schools in more than 75 countries.
- Our Research and Insight Centre produces a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the business education sector. This drives our global thought leadership and public affairs campaigns.
- We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited business schools and MBA employers throughout the world.
- Through our members, AMBA is building an international force for good, championing best practice, responsible management and sustainability. Membership to AMBA means being part of an international community of peers with access to business strategy thought leadership, career advice and knowledge, and an MBA jobs portal.
- Our multi-award-winning events offer networking opportunities online and in person across all continents in association with international corporate partners and thought leaders exclusively for our members and accredited business schools.
The Business Graduates Association (BGA) is an international membership and accreditation body of world-leading and high-potential business schools that share a commitment for responsible management practices and lifelong learning, and that are looking to provide a positive impact on their students, communities and the economy as a whole. We offer:
- Quality assurance services to business schools and similar institutions, aimed at continuous improvement and positive impact to increase a business school’s credibility and influence.
- Consultation and mentorship services to business schools to improve their marketing and admissions, programme design, alumni interaction, teaching methods, and career development services.
- Award-winning international events for business school professionals, focused on continuous learning.
- Student and graduate membership, which includes social networking events worldwide, professional development tools, a Career Development Centre, and much more.
- Leading and award-winning content on responsible management, professional and personal growth, and influence via the Business Impact content hub.