The MBA Entrepreneur of the Year award celebrates the achievements of successful alumni in innovative world-class business strategy, but also showcases Business Schools that are nurturing a spirit of enterprise and ambition.
This award is a fantastic way to highlight the success of accredited Business Schools that promote entrepreneurship in their MBA cohorts. The award is also a chance for individuals to impress high-profile judges who are already at the forefront of global entrepreneurship.
The MBA Entrepreneur of the Year Award is one of the most distinguished awards in the industry. AMBA has developed the MBA Entrepreneur of the Year Award to encourage and promote the value of entrepreneurship in the current competitive climate and to highlight its importance in the global market.
The MBA Entrepreneur of the Year award is open to both private and not-for-profit sectors. This award is designed to celebrate the impact made by growing organisations in terms of development and will look at the results and achievements of the operation.
- AMBA-accredited Business Schools are invited to nominate a student or alumnus / alumna who they think are eligible based on the Award Criteria
- Only one nomination can be accepted from each School
- The Business School must inform the nominee of the intention to nominate
- The nominated student or alumnus / alumna must be an entrepreneur who has launched an innovative and successful business in the past five years
- The business must have been founded or co-founded by an MBA student / EMBA student / alumna / alumnus
- The business must have been operational (selling / trading) for a minimum period of 2 years and a maximum of 5 years (launched between 1 October 2016 and 30 September 2019)
- The business can be based on any legal activity
- The business must be put forward for the Award by the Business School in which the founder / co-founder studied for their MBA
- The business must demonstrate its commitment to a sustainable future and to responsible management with a strong Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) record
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- A strong launch supported by a compelling business case
- Ongoing development and growth
- Agility and resilience in a competitive business arena
- Evidence of innovation and disruption in the target market
- Evidence of the strategy coming to life
- Evidence that targets are being met and the organisation is gaining momentum and delivering financial – or goal oriented – returns
- Examples of successes or addressing challenges successfully
- Students / graduates may NOT nominate themselves for this award
- Ineligible entries may be disqualified at any phase of the competition without notification
- Late submissions will be ineligible
- Incomplete submissions will be ineligible
Shortlisted finalists will be required to supply additional information regarding their businesses and supporting their nomination. Finalists will also be asked to provide a biography, photo and answers to why they should win this award which we will use for marketing purposes.
Following receipt of the supporting documents, finalists will be invited to a telephone interview with the judges.