EGADE Business School, Tecnológico de Monterrey scooped the coveted Best CSR and Sustainability Initiative – in association with Cesim Business Simulations, at the world-renowned Association of MBA’s (AMBA) and Business Graduates Association (BGA) Excellence Awards 2024 for Social impact strategy and EGADE action week.
The AMBA & BGA Excellence Awards 2024 were held on January 19, 2024 at the exceptional Park Plaza London Riverbank. The Awards brought together leading lights from the global business education community to celebrate excellence and commend achievement among business schools, MBA students and graduates, suppliers and employers.
The ceremony was attended by more than 200 business school leaders, as well as category finalists, judges and members of the media.
The Best CSR and Sustainability Initiative honours AMBA & BGA schools that share our commitment to corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability and who are passionate about making a difference to communities and societies.
The award recognises business schools that are taking the initiative in creating a sustainable future and teaching students about social values, as well as those who are making a positive impact in practical and measurable ways.
EGADE Business School hosted its first EGADE Action Week, a multiple stakeholder engagement and multidisciplinary initiative. It offered a space for students, alumni, professors, collaborators, local government, civil society organisations, businesses, and the general community, to join dialogue to transform business for a sustainable impact.
Held in April 2023, with conferences, workshops and exhibitions, the school opened its door to the general community with more than 750 participants. It will become an annual tradition, focusing on the UN 2030 SDGs, seeking to consolidate the school´s social impact and community outreach beyond the classroom creating opportunities to learn and collaborate from different perspectives.
Horacio Arredondo, Dean of EGADE Business School, expressed his gratitude upon receiving the award, highlighting the importance of the school’s social impact strategy: “This is a recognition of the commitment of the entire EGADE Business School community to building a fairer and more sustainable society. Our strategy is based on the conviction that business can be a significant contribution to the progress of our countries, if they are carried out in an ethical, innovative, and sustainable way. Around these three pillars we structure our social impact strategy, and they will continue to inspire the deployment of our CSR and sustainability objectives.”
Veijo Kyosti, CEO of Cesim Business Simulations, who sponsored the award, said, “Cesim Business Simulations was proud to present the AMBA & BGA CSR and Sustainability Award to EGADE Business School, Tecnológico de Monterrey. This award reflects our dedication to cultivating future leaders committed to sustainable success and resilience in the rapidly evolving world.
“EGADE Action Week is a great example of an impactful social initiative, fostering engagement across diverse stakeholders in a multidisciplinary approach. We extend our best wishes for the continued success of EGADE Action Week in its future iterations.
“Cesim’s ongoing efforts are aimed at empowering educators to integrate ESG concepts actively with their students, reinforcing our belief in responsible management as an essential element of business strategy. Being able to present this award at AMBA & BGA gala underscores our shared vision with AMBA & BGA for a sustainable future shaped by informed, ethical decision-making.”
Andrew Main Wilson, Chief Executive of the Association of MBAs and Business Graduates Association (AMBA & BGA) said: “On behalf of the AMBA and BGA team, I would like to congratulate the finalists and winners of this year’s Excellence Awards.
“This year, the competition was stronger than ever. The entries who have made the final shortlist in each category should feel proud of their achievements.
“Additionally, the students and graduates who have been shortlisted as finalists today have all used their qualifications to achieve a spectrum of impressive results, in terms of the positive impact they have made to business, education and society as a whole.
“It was thrilling to be able to celebrate the AMBA network’s achievements at this glamorous Gala Dinner – in particular its been amazing to celebrate exceptional innovations and successes in the higher management education industry.
“I also want to take the opportunity to thank our partners, Kortext, Canvas by Instructure, Cesim Business Simulations, Perlego and BlueSky Education. Their support for our awards – and the business education sector – is greatly appreciated.”
For more information or interviews, please contact:
- Ellen Buchan, Insight, Content & PR Manager, AMBA & BGA – email@example.com
Awards selection process:
The finalists were shortlisted by AMBA & BGA’s senior management team. A panel of judges then reviewed the shortlisted entries, selecting a winner and a highly commended entry for each award. Our judging panel is made up of AMBA board members, business experts, deans and management leaders.
All of our judges were selected based on their experience and qualifications.
The winners and highly commended entries can be seen here.
Best Culture, Diversity and Inclusion Initiative 2024, in association with BlueSky Education
- ESADE Business School (Spain) for MBA elective: racial (in)justice
- Centrum Católica, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Peru) for Mujer, que tu negocio crezca más (Woman, may your business grow more)
- SDA Bocconi School of Management (Italy) for People with disabilities and employment: beyond the barriers
Best Business School Partnership Award 2024, in association with Perlego
- Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham (UK) with Deloitte
- Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow (UK) with Common Mission Project
- Monash Business School, Monash University (Australia) with Business Council of Cooperatives and Mutuals
Best CSR and Sustainability Initiative 2024, in association with Cesim Business Simulations
- EGADE Business School, Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico) for Social impact strategy and EGADE action week
- Mannheim Business School (Germany) and ESSEC Business School (France) for LESPRIT – Lebanon solar power and light project
- POLIMI Graduate School of Management (Italy) for Innova Europe 2023
- Shantou University Business School (China) for Rural revitalisation programme
Best Lifelong Learning Initiative 2024, in association with Canvas by Instructure
- UCL School of Management, University College London (UK) for UCL MBA labs
Best Innovation Strategy Award 2024, in association with Kortext
- Manchester Metropolitan University Business School (UK) for Innovation in employability – a strengths approach to personal and professional development
- Woxsen University (India) for Financial literacy workshop for underprivileged youth
BGA Business School Impact Award 2024
- ESLSCA University (Egypt) for ESLSCA’s MBA governmental programme: transforming government public officials into change catalysts
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (India) for IIM Indoreʼs horticulture cell
- School of Economics and Management, Dongguan University of Technology (China) for Smart against fraud and the old friends academy
Start-Up of the Year Award 2024
- Puneet Saini, University of Canterbury Business School (New Zealand) for Script Sense
- Georges Acar, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick (UK) for Inquizyt
- Marita Sanchez de la Cerda, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, University College Dublin (Ireland) for SAIZ
Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2024
- Gaetano Lapenta, POLIMI Graduate School of Management (Italy) for Fybra
- Alexandra Mendoza, Universidad del Norte (Colombia) for Liquitech
- Matt Stevenson-Dodd, Nottingham University Business School (UK) for Trust Impact
- Trai Sasatavadhana, Chulalongkorn Business School, Chulalongkorn University (Thailand) for Tasted Better
Postgraduate Leadership Award 2024
- Lorna Conn, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, University College Dublin (Ireland)
- Alex Athanassoulas, Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow (UK)
- Ayodeji Balogun, Lagos Business School, Pan-Atlantic University (Nigeria)
AMBA Student of the Year Award 2024
- Sonya Bachra-Byrne, University of Bradford School of Management (UK)
- Aditi Singh Bais, Indian Institute of Management Indore (India)
- Elizabeth Woods, Cranfield School of Management (UK)
- James Boyce, The Open University Business School (UK)
BGA Student of the Year Award 2024
- May Al-Amir, ESLSCA University (Egypt)