IEEM Escuela de Negocios, Universidad de Montevideo officially received re-accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA), one of the world’s leading authorities on post-graduate business education, demonstrating its continuing commitment to excellence in management education.
Upon receiving AMBA accreditation, all current MBA students and recent MBA alumni of IEEM are invited to join AMBA’s global member community of more than 56,000 students and alumni in more than 150 countries on a free basis, for networking, thought leadership, career development, and a variety of benefits.
Accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA) represents the highest standard of achievement in post-graduate business education. Its rigorous assessment criteria ensure that only the highest-calibre programmes which demonstrate the best standards in teaching, curriculum, and student interaction achieve Association of MBAs accreditation.
IEEM was founded by a group of young Uruguayan professionals who were committed to improving the professional management practices in Uruguay. It is the oldest of the seven Schools that compose Universidad de Montevideo. AMBA accredits the EMBA at the School.
Members of AMBA’s accreditation panel, representing senior management at AMBA-accredited Business Schools globally, commended the School’s strong links with the corporate world and policy makers. The School was also seen to play an important part of Uruguayan society.
The School was also seen to have continued to deliver educational support to students throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, which the panel noted had helped maintain a high level of student experience.
The panel also mentioned the expansion of the facilities at the School, which provided a modern teaching space and social spaces for students.
‘The re-accreditation of the IEEM MBA by AMBA is a milestone that confirms the commitment assumed in our mission: to train responsible leaders who, with their managerial work at the service of the person, contribute to the integral development of society, through quality and demanding teaching work, supported by research of the problems inherent to the management of organizations. IEEM is firmly established and has the responsibility to get better and better, to keep up to date. For the next few years, our focus is on internationalization, the quality of learning and applied research.’, said, Gerardo Beramendi, Dean, IEEM.
AMBA accreditation is international in scope and reach, and AMBA works under the belief that accredited programmes should be of the highest standard and reflect changing trends and innovation in post-graduate management education. Its accreditation process reflects this commitment to fostering innovation, and demanding Business Schools to perform at the highest level continually.
Andrew Main Wilson, Chief Executive of the Association of MBAs and Business Graduates Association (BGA) said: ‘I am delighted that IEEM has received re-accreditation. The School is very influential in its surrounding area and very much shares our values of raising the profile and quality standards of business education internationally, for the benefit of Business Schools, MBA students and graduates and alumni, employers, communities and society. I look forward to working with this School in the future.’
For more information or interviews, please contact:
- David Woods-Hale, Director of Marketing and Communications, AMBA & BGA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellen Buchan, Insight and Communications Executive, AMBA & BGA – email@example.com
- Jimena Morassi, Director of Communications, IEEM – firstname.lastname@example.org
IEEM (Instituto de Estudios Empresariales de Montevideo) is the business school of Universidad de Montevideo. It was founded in 1986 with the purpose of improving the management of companies and organizations in our country. IEEM adopts a participant-centered learning methodology. Active learning efforts are made by participants, while professors’ role is to encourage and promote learning. This is the most effective approach for the development of managers and executives: learning through critical reflection and mainly by “doing”, i.e. by deciding.
Find a list of all AMBA accredited Schools here.
About AMBA & BGA
Spearheading excellence and trailblazing innovation, for more than 50 years the Association of MBAs (AMBA) has been the impartial authority on post-graduate management education. AMBA established that vision in 1967 and, in a volatile, uncertain world, it’s as relevant today as it was then. We are committed to raising the profile and quality standards of business education internationally, for the benefit of Business Schools, students and alumni, employers, communities and society.
- Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and master’s degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of Business Schools in more than 75 countries.
- Our Research and Insight Centre produces a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the business education sector. This drives our global thought leadership and public affairs campaigns.
- We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited Business Schools and MBA employers throughout the world.
- Through our members, AMBA is building an international force for good, championing best practice, responsible management and sustainability. Membership to AMBA means being part of an international community of peers with access to business strategy thought leadership, career advice and knowledge, and an MBA jobs portal.
- Our multi-award-winning events offer networking opportunities online and in person across all continents in association with international corporate partners and thought leaders exclusively for our members and accredited Business Schools.
The Business Graduates Association (BGA) is an international membership and accreditation body of world-leading and high-potential Business Schools that share a commitment for responsible management practices and lifelong learning, and that are looking to provide a positive impact on their students, communities and the economy as a whole. We offer:
- Quality assurance services to Business Schools and similar institutions, aimed at continuous improvement and positive impact to increase a Business School’s credibility and influence.
- Consultation and mentorship services to Business Schools to improve their marketing and admissions, programme design, alumni interaction, teaching methods, and career development services.
- Award-winning international events for Business School professionals, focused on continuous learning.
- Student and graduate membership, which includes social networking events worldwide, professional development tools, a Career Development Centre, and much more.
- Leading and award-winning content on responsible management, professional and personal growth, and influence via the Business Impact content hub.