UCU Business School, Universidad Católica del Uruguay has officially received joint accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the Business Graduates Association (BGA), two of the world’s leading authorities on business education. These two organizations are globally recognized authorities in the field of business education. The accreditation was awarded after a thorough evaluation process, which involved a panel of senior business school leaders from around the world.
UCU Business School is the graduate business school of UCU-Universidad Católica del Uruguay. It is the largest private university in Uruguay regarding the number of students, programmes offered and graduates with an enrolment of 6,975 active students at the undergraduate, master’s and graduate levels.
The assessors praised UCU Business School, Universidad Católica del Uruguay for providing a transformational student journey that was integrated into all the school’s programmes.
The panel also noted the dynamism that the school introduced to the regional market in terms of capturing the market share.
Finally, the panel also noted that the school’s facilities were world class.
Upon receiving the AMBA accreditation, all current and recent graduates of the school’s MBA portfolio are invited to join AMBA’s global membership network, which comprises approximately 60,000 students and alumni from over 150 countries.
Meanwhile, all undergraduates and alumni from any of the business school’s programmes are invited to join BGA’s individual membership network. Through both these organisations, students and graduates can strengthen a community that acts as a force for good in management thought and practice, through exclusive events and business content.
AMBA & BGA accreditation is international in scope and reach, and the organisation works with senior academics at top educational institutions around the world, to update accreditation criteria continuously and maintain one unique, in-depth, and detailed approach.
AMBA & BGA believes accredited schools should be of the highest standard and reflect changing trends and innovation in post-graduate management education. As such, the accreditation process reflects this commitment to fostering innovation and challenges business schools to perform at the highest level continuously.
Marcos Soto, dean of UCU Business School, Universidad Católica del Uruguay, said: “For UCU Business School, achieving BGA accreditation and securing AMBA accreditation for our MBA program represents a historic milestone. We celebrate these achievements with great enthusiasm and appreciation. They elevate our position and commitment to continued progress”.
Andrew Main Wilson, Chief Executive of AMBA & BGA, said: “I am delighted that UCU Business School, Universidad Católica del Uruguay is being welcomed into both the AMBA and the BGA family. With the AMBA accreditation, the school is now part of a network of the top 300 business schools in the world. With the school joining BGA, it is committing to joining a network striving to create excellence in management education for the good of society.”
For more information or interviews, please contact:
- Ellen Buchan, Insight, Content & PR Manager, AMBA & BGA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pía Supervielle, Content & Press Manager, Universidad Católica del Uruguay – email@example.com
About UCU Business School, Universidad Católica del Uruguay
Starting in 2018, UCU decided to strengthen the offer and positioning of its business school at the postgraduate level and executive education. To become Uruguay’s business school of reference, UCU renovated the faculty and management teams, redefined some academic programmes, and planned a new strategic positioning and infrastructure. The re-launch of the business school included a new branding, renaming the institution as UCU Business School (UCUBS). With an independent identity and organisational structure, the School was appointed a Dean, autonomous from FCE. In 2022, the School launched the first Master in Management (MiM) in Uruguay, to cater for the demand of young, recent graduates. In addition, the School offers specialised masters in Marketing and Finance, aimed at young professionals interested in strengthening specific skills, even if they do not have executive responsibilities.
Find a list of all AMBA accredited schools here.
About AMBA & BGA
Spearheading excellence and trailblazing innovation, for more than 50 years the Association of MBAs (AMBA) has been the impartial authority on post-graduate management education. AMBA established that vision in 1967 and, in a volatile, uncertain world, it’s as relevant today as it was then. We are committed to raising the profile and quality standards of business education internationally, for the benefit of business schools, students and alumni, employers, communities and society.
- Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and master’s degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of business schools in more than 75 countries.
- Our Research and Insight Centre produces a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the business education sector. This drives our global thought leadership and public affairs campaigns.
- We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited business schools and MBA employers throughout the world.
- Through our members, AMBA is building an international force for good, championing best practice, responsible management and sustainability. Membership to AMBA means being part of an international community of peers with access to business strategy thought leadership, career advice and knowledge, and an MBA jobs portal.
- Our multi-award-winning events offer networking opportunities online and in person across all continents in association with international corporate partners and thought leaders exclusively for our members and accredited business schools.
The Business Graduates Association (BGA) is an international membership and accreditation body of world-leading and high-potential business schools that share a commitment for responsible management practices and lifelong learning, and that are looking to provide a positive impact on their students, communities and the economy as a whole. We offer:
- Quality assurance services to business schools and similar institutions, aimed at continuous improvement and positive impact to increase a business school’s credibility and influence.
- Consultation and mentorship services to business schools to improve their marketing and admissions, programme design, alumni interaction, teaching methods, and career development services.
- Award-winning international events for business school professionals, focused on continuous learning.
- Student and graduate membership, which includes social networking events worldwide, professional development tools, a Career Development Centre, and much more.
- Leading and award-winning content on responsible management, professional and personal growth, and influence via the Business Impact content hub.